Free Printable Nutrition Handouts:
Protein Shake Perfection
General Nutrition After Weight Loss Surgery
- General goals following weight loss surgery are to consume 60-80 grams of protein per day.
- Long term goals for fiber consumption are about 15-25 grams per day depending on your surgery type.
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation
- Following weight loss surgery you MUST take vitamin and mineral supplements lifelong. See your surgical center for their recommendations on how much and what type.
- 64 oz or more of fluids per day is necessary immediately after surgery as well as long term to prevent dehydration.